3.07.2009

The Nursery Design

Thanks to all of you who weighed in on the nursery theme. (Even if several of you thought my favorite - the bunny, monkey, frog print – was "creepy.")

Not too long after we made the post, I got a call from my granny saying that she had found a cute little bedding set that she wanted us to see. And so she put some fabric samples in the mail.

And when she offered to make us a bed skirt (out of the red and white polka dots) and a crib bumper (out of the sock monkeys and ticking stripe), well, I just couldn't resist.

So we repainted the nursery khaki.


And I think it will look really good with the new furniture we bought. A little black dresser that will be used as a changing table.

And a little black armoire - because the closet in the baby's room is about the size of a matchbox.


When it's all put together, it will look kind of like this. Except we'll have polka dots on the skirt which will be way cuter.


Now to find a black crib...

7 comments:

Tanna said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Dana said...

I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I know it's going to be so cute! Love your ideas so far. Now I'm thinking about shower decor.... :-)

Unique Baby Gear Ideas said...

The red dots are going to look super! You should enter some pics in our nursery pictures contest when you're finished.


Here's the url if you're interested

http://www.unique-baby-gear-ideas.com/baby-nursery-theme-contest.html

Here are some pictures entered from past contests:

http://www.unique-baby-gear-ideas.com/baby-nursery-pictures.html

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the sock monkeys. So cute and original. Can't wait to see it in person. You are also getting ahead of Greg and I who have not yet painted the nursery... Time is really flying by!

Anonymous said...

I love it! How fun. I'm so glad you decided on a theme and can start the decorating now! It's going to look great. We need to see more pictures of your growing belly!

Lauri said...

Amanda, it's perfect! The black furniture will look awesome and the khaki walls are just the right color. Amidst all the other renovations, how in the world do you find the time??? Can't wait to see the end result.

Unknown said...

I think this worked out perfectly. I love the red and the sock monkeys are adorable (and "classics"). Very cute....