3.15.2009

Before and Afters

The sheet rock work is finished. The painting is finished. And I am celebrating. Here are a few before and afters. (We still have to put the rooms together, but it's coming along.)

Here's the dining room before.


And here it is now.



Here's the office before.

And here it is now.


Here's the kitchen before. (Please note the crackle paint. Everywhere.)


And here it is now - a work in progress. (But at least the crackle paint is no more!)


I must give a shout out to Jerry once again for his handy work. He built the wainscoting on the wall to the right of the black built-in cabinet, and he spent all weekend putting in the tile backsplash. Once he does the grout this week, I can begin to clean the floors (and all of the dishes covered in sheet rock dust) and put everything in order.

Progress. Slowly but surely.

6 comments:

Tanna said...

I love the backsplash and the symmetry!! Slowly but surely! Doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

It looks AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for you guys that it is all coming together! I know it been a long road but well worth the wait! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome...but I wouldn't expect anything else from you and Jerry! LOVE the sock monkey too!

Lauri said...

LOVE it! The colors, the decor, the selections are all incredible. I can't imagine the relief you guys are both feeling to have most of the heavy stuff out of the way. You and Jerry are true visionaries, and your talents are really shining through. Congrats!

Dana said...

I love all of it - especially the beautiful khaki walls. What you guys have done in only several months would have taken me a decade to accomplish!!!

Ellen said...

The two of you have done such a beautiful job so far on your home. I have enjoyed reading back through and seeing all of your before and after pictures. The guest bath is perfect and I am loving the wainscotting and tile in the kitchen. Can't wait to see the sock monkeys in the nursery... so cute!