One of the highlights of my day was sitting on our front porch swing and talking to my mom on the phone. And then I read my Southern Living and Living magazines. And every once in a while, I would look up and count my blessings that my view included two of my most favorite houses on the street.
After sitting on the front porch, I decided to strap on my camera and take a walk to explore our neighborhood a little more and look for signs of spring. I hit the park that sits in the center of our neighborhood - it's one street over from ours. This is a view from the top of the hill.
And you may remember this view from the post we made last weekend when everything was covered in snow.
Now, this sweet little restaurant (Wildflour) is nestled right in the middle of our neighborhood, too. And they make desserts that can satisfy any sweet tooth.
As I walked by Wildflour, I found the hint of spring that I was looking for. One of the first flower blooms of the season had broken through the still-leaf-covered ground to smile at me. Thank you little flower.
4 comments:
The crocus!!! A messenger of spring!! Oh, how I would have enjoyed sitting on the porch and then wandering the neighborhood. It is nice to have phones though. =) Love you!!
Awww, bring on the spring weather! Isn't this time of year so great! I love spring! I hope you guys get more of this same weather soon!
Miss you!
Beautiful! I hope the weather decides to stay a while...
I love your day out. what a fun, spring day. (and the flower was perfect)
Post a Comment