8.16.2014

Hot Wheels Cars and Monster Trucks Party

While we were at the beach, Alex turned five. He requested a Hot Wheels Cars and Monster Trucks Party.
IMG_6954
I enjoy decorating for a party, but I get a little nervous doing it for this one. He has visions, people. He knows exactly what he wants, and I worry about not delivering to his liking for fear he will be disappointed. LOL!
IMG_6961
A well-dressed birthday celebration is one of the things he seems to look forward to. It's one of the things that makes him feel special. And, it's one of the things that makes me want to go all out for him because I want him to know that he is special.
IMG_6969
Being away from home presented its challenges, but I think it came together nicely, and, most importantly, he seemed to like it. In keeping with our theme, we had "muddy tires" (chocolate donuts) for breakfast and a dirt cake after dinner. =)
IMG_6975
I'm not sure that the girl cousins got as revved up about the cars and monster trucks as Alex and his brother did, but they were good sports about the whole thing and helped make the celebration a whole lot of fun. ;-) 
IMG_7118
The highlight of his entire day was this little activity right here. My boy loves taking a whack at the piƱata! And the girls even got excited about this one. ;-)
IMG_7101
We stretched out the birthday fun from morning til night! And it was so great to get to spend it with family. Happy 5th Birthday, Alex! We love you soooooooo big! xoxo

1 comment:

Dana said...

That looks like so much fun. Wish we could have celebrated with you guys. God gave him the perfect momma since you are so good putting together a great party! He would be so sad if I were his mom! Ha! Thankfully my boys don't give a flip about decor. He is definitely your boy. I love it.