8.01.2014

Big Boy Joy - Day 32

We are busy checking items off of our summer fun to-do list these days.

IMG_7613

Summer just isn't complete for the boys without a trip to the creek. I say, "creek"; it's actually the Roanoke River, and it is a favorite spot of ours.

IMG_7707

They worked hard...dragging sticks and collecting small shells...

IMG_7719

...and gathering very large (for their size) rocks to throw into the water. They were fans of the big splash.

IMG_7689

That water was FREEZING, but neither one cared.

IMG_7725

We topped it all off with a picnic lunch and some playtime on the playground nearby.

IMG_7740

Creek play? Check. Picnic lunch? Check. Now, on to the next thing!

3 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

That was a favorite spot of mine as a child. As I recall, the water was always cold. I've loved all the photos of your precious boys having summer fun.

Best,
Bonnie

Dana said...

Been loving seeing pictures of your family and your boys every day this month. I miss you guys so much!

Wish we could have joined you in the creek. A favorite place for my kiddos too and yours looks like a perfect spot!

Tanna said...

I remember having fun in that creek. =) Love my big boys. xoxo