8.09.2014

Alex's first loose tooth

IMG_8071
For weeks now, Alex has been asking when he would have his first loose tooth, as if I could magically predict that for him. He's been eager to join the ranks of his friends who are toothless.

About a month ago, he complained about some sensitivity behind his front bottom teeth when I was helping him brush. I didn't think much of it; I just thought his gums were a little tender. Then, a couple of weeks ago I thought I noticed one of his bottom teeth shifting. Upon further inspection, that "tender spot" was actually his first permanent tooth breaking through, and the "shift" was the baby tooth loosening up and being pushed out of the way by his permanent tooth.

He has been on cloud nine! And I keep having to come to grips with the reality that he's growing up more quickly than I'm ready for him to. 

3 comments:

Em said...

No way! Such a big guy! :)

Katherine said...

OH.MY. I can't believe he's already ready to lose those baby teeth! That just doesn't seem right! Would you believe Luke just now, at 6.5, has his first loose tooth. We noticed it in St. Lucia and it's getting closer but not yet! He's SOO excited but when we first noticed it was loose he started crying and said he didn't want to change! Oh boy! They do look so different with those big teeth! Such big boys!

I've so enjoyed seeing all your blog updates. You are on a roll! I've stalled out again but hoping to get going again soon. I'm only at Easter! ugh!

Miss you friend! Hugs to you and your sweet family!

Tanna said...

Too fast... too fast...