
Every night when he comes through the door, these boys run to him and scream, "Daddy!!" And he is overjoyed to see them. They embrace as though they haven't seen each other in months. Oh, boy, does my heart just light up to see it!
I am not one to spend much time dwelling on things of the past. Onward and upward, I say, but, sometimes, we need reflection to help us truly grasp the depth of gratitude we should have for the blessings in our lives.
At this point in my life, I am nearing 20 years without contact from/with my own dad. And that absence has made me eternally grateful for what an absolutely amazing, wonderful father God has given to these boys.
I wouldn't trade my life for all the tea in China – wouldn't have had it run a different course even if I could. For many reasons. One being that it certainly has given me the perspective not to take this for granted.
Jerry – once again, God's plans were bigger and better than even my most hopeful of dreams. I am certain that I don't even tell you enough what a blessing you are to our lives. I love you for every bit of yourself that you pour into this family. God was so gracious to give us you. You have our hearts. xo
1 comment:
Jerry is indeed a blessing to all of our lives. xoxo ~ mom
Post a Comment