If I had my way, I'd keep you this small forever. Of course you don't think you're small. You know that you're just as big as anybody else in this family. Most days, we are just trying to keep up with you.

You have such a joie de vivre. You are full of spunk and laughter and joy. You are a light of goodness in this world.
One of my greatest joys these days is watching you run around the house – left arm tucked, right arm swinging, just as fast as you can go. And our morning cuddles – the way you lay your head on my right shoulder, looking out, sucking your left thumb, and rubbing your right ear as we walk down the stairs and you try to wake up. Or the cuddle you give when you lay your head on my shoulder and wrap both of your arms as far as you can around me. It melts my heart. You melt my heart.
You aren't intimidated by anything. You try new things without hesitation. If you don't like it, you don't do it again. If you've found something you like, watch out! Go big and bold or go home. You have a confidence that I admire.
I love that you still think I can take all your hurts away. If you get a boo-boo, all you need to feel better is a kiss from your momma, and then you are right back up and running with a smile again. When the day comes – and it will come – when the hurts are so deep that I can't take it all away, I pray with all of my heart that you will know and seek the One who can.
I also pray that the joy you bring to this family, will be a joy fueled by God that you spread like wildfire into this world so that those who are lost can see Him through you.
I love you, my precious Roo-bear. Our amazing Creator pulled out all the stops when He made you. And I feel so honored to be your "a-ma."

Always and forever,
Momma





3 comments:
Describes him perfectly! What sweet pictures - LOVE the one of the two of you!
Amen and amen... Roo is one of a kind and more precious than I have words to say. Happy Birthday, Little Roo. You are so loved. XOXOXO Noni
Wow, what an amazing post - your writing and photos are fantastic. Andrew will surely cherish this for many, many years.
Post a Comment