May 5, 2013
Dear Alex,
Lately we've been learning how God wants us to talk to and treat others. We've had many conversations about speaking and acting with kindness and compassion. You told me that it's hard to be kind sometimes. I told you that I agree – that I struggle with that very same thing from time to time. And that that is exactly the reason we need Jesus. Because we cannot change our hearts on our own, but that He can help us.
We pray together, "God, please help us always try to be kind to one another." (1 Thes 5:15)
You are more comfortable allowing me to lead our prayers – thanking God for our blessings, asking for His help, praying for Him to work in our hearts, and forgive us where we don't obey what He asks us to do. But this night, precious boy, this night, you showed one of the greatest acts of kindness and compassion that a person can offer – with all of your heart, you prayed for your daddy after he got hurt. Your first self-initiated, self-led prayer.
When you saw that your Daddy was hurting, your immediate response was, "I think we should say a prayer for Daddy."
You reached for mine and Roo's hand, closed your eyes and bowed your head.
"Dear God,
We need your help. My daddy hurt his finger very badly, and I don't think he's ok. Could you please help him feel better?
In Jesus' name we pray. Amen."
Amen!
You moved my heart tonight, Alex. I love you. You are a bright, shining light for Jesus.
Mommy
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Dear God,
Thank You for showing us that You are most definitely in the business of answering prayers and changing hearts. Thank You for working in our family's lives. May it always be to Your glory.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

3 comments:
Just makes me cry tears of joy every. single. time. I think of this... which is frequently, I might add, after you told me. God is amazing. Y'all are amazing parents. I am blessed beyond measure. Thank you, Lord.
That which has come as seed, has gone on to blossom and has gone on to fruit... he will sow seeds field after field. I give thanks...
OK- this has to be one of the sweetest stories I have read about your sweet boy!! What a heart of gold he has! I love it! And what a true testament to what you and Jerry are teaching him and Roo. That makes my heart so happy to hear such sweet, innocent children like Alex knowing the Lord at such a young age! And knowing what to do at just the right time. I can only imagine the joy you must have felt in your heart! You and Jerry are doing an amazing job with those two boys! And I do hope Jerry's finger is ok!
I miss you tons my friend. I hope you are all doing well and getting ready for summer! I know we are! So ready for a break from the schedule!! Hugs to all!
What a sweet sweet boy. Can't wait to see what God has in store for him. I have no doubt it's going to be big. :-)
Post a Comment