4.02.2013

A glorious Easter

When you reflect on Easter, do you think, "I am so unworthy of, yet so grateful for the gift of His grace?"
IMG_0102
The more Easters I celebrate, the more grateful I become for the gift of new life through Jesus. His sacrifice is astounding. It leaves me speechless to think about all that He took on to wash us clean in God's eyes.
IMG_0471
The more I learn about the holiness of God, the more I am amazed at how He pursues us. How He desires us to know Him so intimately yet, like Adam and Eve – because of our sin, we so often run and hide from His face. I am humbled by a Savior, Who, despite my sin and my running and hiding, loves me anyway.
IMG_0462
Like the eggs we dye, we are covered by the blood of Jesus.
IMG_0520
And while we may hide, He still seeks us – searches for us longingly. We may think we are better hiders than He is Seeker, but it just isn't true.
IMG_0730
And when we think we are so lost that we can't be found, He tenderly...
IMG_0743
...and lovingly gathers us up in His arms...
IMG_0744
...and carries us back to Him.
IMG_0738
We are His treasures.
IMG_0726
And He is our great reward.
IMG_0816
He celebrates our return to Him with great jubilation.
IMG_0749
What wonderful news – He has risen!
IMG_0765

IMG_0684

We had a glorious Easter spent with family and friends – counting our blessings for His great love and all that He has given to us.

3 comments:

Solar Powered said...

Gorgeous post. I've missed you! Oh how I would love to spend a day with you and those boys :)

Lauri said...

Stunning photos and beautiful post. Miss you so much!

Tanna said...

Amen and amen and amen... love y'all so very much. XOXOXO