In January we signed Roo up for a music class called Melody Makers. I take him once a week while Alex is in school, and, boy, oh, boy does he have fun!
The Melody Makers "mascot" is Gigi the giraffe who makes his appearance in puppet-form near the end of class each week. Gigi sings songs with the kids, and, afterwards, the kids get to go up one at a time and pet him on the nose. Roo LOVES this part of class. After all of the kids have had a turn, we all sing a little song called "Goodbye, Gigi" to send him on his way, and then each child gets his or her hands stamped with a Gigi stamp. I love when Roo runs back to me with fists extended, big grin on his face, proudly showing off his stamps.
When at home, Roo will often bring his "Gigi" giraffe to me and wave his hands to indicate he wants me to sing the "Goodbye Gigi" song. While I sing, Roo bobs back and forth, grinning from ear to ear. Sweet boy loves him some Gigi, and I happily oblige to sing since it means I get to see that precious little face light up.

4 comments:
Oh, I'd sing, too, for that precious boy!! ;) XOXOXOXO
Sweetness! I need to learn the song so I can get those smiles one day, too! And...I think I might recognize that shirt. Love it! ;-)
I love those sweet moments! Connor loves Poochie the Lion who comes out at the end of his Kiddie Gym class just before the hand stamps and he is always so excited to give Poochie a kiss he can hardly stand it. It melts my heart.
Can't get over how big he's getting! Such a cutie pie with those chubby cheeks. Wish I could hug him right now.
Post a Comment