This child has captured my heart a million times over.
We are cut from the same piece of fabric, he and I; his approach to life mirrors mine in many ways. He is more serious than silly. His is more reserved than outgoing. He is more intentional than impulsive. And he tends to play it safe until there's a confidence he will succeed.
He is my rule-follower extraordinaire. And has an expectation that others follow the rules, too. Oh, how I pray that my rule-following ways would be supplemented with the message of grace for him and that God would be merciful to fill in where I fall short of that.
He is a loyal friend with a tender heart. And seeing him happy is one of the greatest joys I experience in life. I try to soak up everything I can because, as we all know, the sands of time are gone in the blink of an eye.
Alexander Cole, my love for you and the joy you bring to this family are boundless.




4 comments:
Amen and amen and amen. The apples fall near the trees... over and over... and love grows and grows... I pray for this sweet Little Love, too... that he knows and FEELS God's grace and love... and can forgive himself for the times he will fall short in his own eyes... as well as accept God's merciful forgiveness and Grace... This Noni's heart and Mom's heart is full of love for both of my serious Little Loves... xoxoxo Mom/Noni
One precious little man.
I LOVE this post! I find it so enlightening that these kiddos of ours are little mirrors reflecting own personalities, revealing both the good and the bad. You are blessed to share such unique personality traits with Alex because it will help you understand him as he continues to grow and mature. Great pictures of your sweet Little Man, as usual!
What a sweet little guy! :-) Can't get over his personality. So unfamiliar to me. Haha!
Post a Comment