One of my friends in town made him a circus tent birthday shirt, and Mom and I whipped out a clown wig bonnet. We couldn't help ourselves. He needed something spectacular to follow the lion costume he wore after he was born. =)
And, of course, Roary couldn't miss the birthday action. After all, he's been there every month cheering the little Roo-bear on as he grows.

We had hot dogs, popcorn, and rainbow fruit skewers that were topped with star-shaped marshmallows.


As the guests came in, we asked them to make a thumbprint character to sign Roo's guest list.

The tables were decorated with balloons, and the kiddos got circus tent cups and swirled lollipops as their favors.

Roo enjoyed his hot dogs and fruit.
But mostly, he enjoyed his cake!



Alex was a big helper when it came time to blow out the candle.
Roo was very eager to get into the cake – and who can blame a boy for that?! He wasn't too sure of the icing being on his fingers at first, but once Jerry put a taste in his mouth, there was no stopping him! He was officially a fan, and he ate almost all of the icing off his cake!
The rest of us enjoyed Roo's cake, too!
One of the best parts of this party was getting to celebrate Roo-bear's first birthday with Noni and Pop Pop. They flew in to help us get ready and love on these sweet boys. We shared lots of laughs and precious moments together, and this party simply wouldn't have been the same without them!




And here is Roo after Alex had opened all of the presents for him. Happy camper, wouldn't you say? This was one of Noni's gifts to Roo – a hoot hat she made him for fall! Is this not the cutest little thing you've ever seen?! More birthday (and hoot hat) pictures to come. =)









9 comments:
Oh, I am sooooo glad we were able to share this day with Little Roo and y'all. Wish we could share more days, but I am deeply grateful for the ones we do. He DID enjoy his day!! LOL! Love you Little Roo!! Bigger than the sky... to the moon and back. XOXOXO
Oh my gosh!! I love all the decorations, the food, the goodies for the kids, and the theme. What a perfect little party for sweet Roo. The clown hat was absolutely perfect and just so much fun. I just wish I had been there to celebrate with you guys.
Holy cow!! What a fantastic looking party! Absolutely fabulous pictures too, as usual. The one of the whole family is wonderful. You seriously need to go into party planning - everything is amazing looking. After you go into party planning can you please fly out here and help us decorate our house? Happy birthday to cute little Roo - I'm glad he enjoyed his day.
Amanda, you have outdone yourself again. Just adorable and so beautifully done. I love how colorful everything was. I am feeling very full of shame that there is no way in h-ll I can pull this off for any of my kids' birthdays. Maybe we need a consult before Griff's birthday in two weeks. Roo is so cute and I can't believe he is one already. Sweet little guy. Miss you.
Amanda, I read your Mom's blog and I had to come over and wish Roo a happy first birthday and see more of his party photos. What a beautiful family you have! Andrew's party was such a happy celebration! I love his clown hat and owl hat.
I've been waiting for this post! I had seen you post a few circus themed things on Pinterest and figured that was going to be Andrew's theme.
Oh.my.goodness! Everything was adorable. You did a great job pulling it all together. From the food, the hat, the cake, the goodies, the table centerpieces, the drinks. Goodness girl, adorable!
Can I hire you to plan Sarah's 2nd birthday? haha! I'm thinking Minnie Mouse theme! I need to get on that! Eek!
I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time celebrating your sweet boy! And that your mom could be there to help you. What a blessing!
Amanda! A smashingly GOOD party! LOVE all the color! Think I will copy your lovely fruit skewers for Sam's party in July!
Your mother has that wonderful shawl on too! LOVE THAT!
Happy Birthday to little ROO!
What a fantastic party to celebrate sweet Roo's first full year of life!! Wow, the circus theme was so happy and colorful, and you pulled it off in true Pinterest-inspired fashion, girl! I just love all the special little details that only you could've pulled off. :-) I'm so glad that you were able to celebrate with Noni and Pop Pop, too. I know it was a perfect visit for your Littlest Man's big day!
It's so hard to believe that Roo has been with us for a year. I can't wait to get some snuggles from that sweet Momma's boy of yours and to experience his infectious smiles in person. Missing you guys!
Beautiful, just beautiful...(decorations too) ha
So colorful and how could it be less than perfect with you and your mom at the helm.
Happy Birthday sweet Roo!
Post a Comment