My two favorite Christmas traditions growing up were the trip to the Christmas tree farm and listening to Kenny Rogers' Christmas album. Sometimes I chuckle at the fact that Kenny Rogers' Christmas album is one of my favorites, but let me tell you that several years ago I found the CD at Walmart, and don't think for one second I was going to leave the store that day without it. It is
still on my Christmas playlist. ;-)
I'm not sure the boys will take to Kenny the way I did, but I sure hope they take to the tree farm. There is just something about going to pick out a live tree and bringing that wonderful smell into your home. LOVE IT! Sadly, our trip was windy and cold, which put a little bit of a damper on our fun; but nevertheless, the boys had a grand time.
 |
| Let the tree selection begin. Please note the small basket on Alex's arm where "blue Speed" was carried that day. |
 |
| No, this is not the tree we chose - it was just a photo op. I just cannot do the pines. I am a sucker for the Frasier Firs. So even though we went to the tree farm to cut a tree, we ended up buying one that had been shipped in from - Virginia of all places! |
 |
| Noni, Pop Pop and the boys - bundled up and trying to stay warm. |
 |
| Roo-bear has his first visit with Santa. Once again, Alex wanted no part of the man. Noni has offered to help Alex write a letter to Santa, and he seems a little on the fence about it. Noni says that there's nothing Alex wants badly enough to have that man come into his house! LOL! |
 |
| Now, Alex couldn't have cared less about finding a tree. But he loved asking Pop Pop for tickets to ride the rides! He rode these little fire trucks, a small ferris wheel and a HUGE inflatable slide. Didn't matter to him that it was freezing cold. He could have played all day on the amusement rides. |
 |
| A big smile after coming off the big inflatable slide with daddy. |
 |
| Now this sign says it all! Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas season so far! |
6 comments:
Great pictures as always. With two fake trees in our house I definitely miss all the wonderfulness of a real tree. I especially love the last picture -- it seems that everything out here has to be politically correct and non-religious. Enjoy every moment!
Great pictures! Too funny about Alex and Santa. You are so much nicer than me...Kaitlynn's not fond of the man either but I will force her to sit on his lap, haha!
Looks like fun was had by all. I'm sure the boys had lots of fun despite the cold. It's amazing how kids can just tune to the cold out.
Loved the ideas on your earlier post. I've been trying to talk to J a lot about the season and we do our Jesse tree devotional and ornament every night. I hope it's sinking in when everything around us is about Santa and presents. Not that those are bad things but I want the boys to understand what we are really celebrating.
Dana
Love the tree farm tradition. I SO miss having a farm around here to go to. One of the nice things about growing up in East Texas, I guess! :) I can appreciate your Kenny Rogers memory as mine is Andy Williams. And like you, when I saw his CD at Wal-Mart I happily snatched it up! Still love it to this day!
Glad you guys had fun despite the cold! And I'm sure you guys have so much more fun planned in these next few weeks! :-)
Katherine
AC, I love following your Christmas outings with family! I hope you all are enjoying your time in Texas, what a treat. If you are in Dallas for any length of time and are around Northpark, this girl can find a reason to sneak away and come say hi ;) Much love to you and your boys...
Great Pictures! What a fun tree farm. Glad you all are making special Christmas memories... I know Noni is eating it up!
Post a Comment