11.26.2011

So far behind I don't even know where to start...

Gah, ya'll. I have gotten so far behind in my blogging that the very thought of trying to catch up (nearly impossible at this point) made me want to run for the hills. Just so dadgum (or "big-gum" as Alex says) overwhelming. And when I say I'm behind, it's not just in writing; it's also in catching up on my favorite blogs and leaving comments for my favorite peeps. Thank goodness for the iPhone where I can at least read when I have a minute or two of down time even though I hate using the phone for commenting. Don't ask why - it's just something about that tiny little keyboard that deters me from wanting to type anything longer than a sentence or two. Anyway, hoping to get back into the swing of things in the next few days.

So to kick it off, here are a few random pics from our goings on. And please don't judge that there are no proper transitions to make this post flow smoothly. It's late, I'm tired, and I'm too far behind to worry about that right now. 

While not blogging, we've been soaking up all of the fabulousness of fall. The leaves have been MAGNIFICENT in our neck of the woods! I have loved pulling onto our street every day and admiring these beauties.
IMG_9967

_MG_0001


We also did a few crafts to gear up for Thanksgiving. Alex made an Indian headdress and a drum.
_MG_9975

He also had fun with some Thanksgiving stickers and turkey pancakes.
_MG_0019

IMG_0131

Oh, and for his Thanksgiving party at school, I made these cookie turkeys for his classmates. Gobble, gobble.
_MG_0175


Recently, I helped host a baby shower for a friend, and just as the shower was kicking off, I noticed that Alex put his touch on things...
_MG_0143


Now that we're headed into the Christmas season, our mall has their holiday train up and running. Alex loves this thing!
_MG_0088


Alex was invited to a birthday party for one of his friends a couple of weekends ago. The party was at Pump it Up. I thought for sure Alex would be intimidated by the big slides. I couldn't have been more wrong about that. Wow! This kid was in heaven! I will be taking him back during "free play" this winter when we need some good activity to keep us busy. Check out that smile...
IMG_0110


We race cars A LOT in our house. On any given day, our living room floor looks like this:
_MG_9558

And the cars that don't race all that well end up in here, "benched on the sidelines":
_MG_9749


A family picture. Does this ever happen to anyone else? You get everyone dressed, you have such high hopes of getting that perfect picture, and then it seems nearly impossible to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time, let alone with smiles on their faces. Yep. So frustrating!! So you just have to take what you can get.
IMG_0284

And here are a few more pics of "Mommy's Lil Man."
IMG_0615

IMG_0619

Make that, Mommy's Lil Men.
IMG_0598


We took the boys to a children's museum this week, and Alex got to play with/see two of his favorite things: a water trough and a box of one million "pen-pens" (that's pennies in Alex-speak). He could have spent the entire time at these two stations in the museum and been perfectly happy. Well, almost. He wasn't too happy that he couldn't get his hands on those pen-pens.
_MG_0211


And finally, we got to spend Thanksgiving with Jerry's family. Such fun times - especially watching the cousins play together. They were precious!
_MG_0352

Alright, that just about brings us up to speed. I'll try to do better about staying on top of things, though I make no promises. =) Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Lauri said...

I love, love, love the pictures!! Where do I begin...the picture of Alex with his nose smushed against the window is PRICELESS!! Oh my, I would have to display that one somewhere, it is simply precious! And your family picture...SO beautiful!! I love your shorter haircut, girl! You all look awesome, a perfect fall portrait.

I know what you mean about how blogging and posting is hard to keep up with. Especially in this busy holiday season, it's enough to make anyone feel overwhelmed. But I've said it before...you definitely have your priorities straight when you choose family time over computer time.

I hope you are having a WONDERFUL time with family and friends so far. I am SO SO SO excited to see you guys soon. I'll try to give you a call next week to touch base and make plans. Love and miss you tons!! Looking forward to more posts and pictures!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the updates. And no worries about proper transitions, etc. I never have them in my blog. Haha!

You guys did lots of exciting things for thanksgiving. So glad you are finding time for fun crafts and yummy looking cookies!

Loving the haircut. :-) VERY cute!

And pictures of kids...so very frustraing. Enough said!!! But the pictures of you and the boys and the family still turned out pretty darn cute.

And finally, I love all the cars around the house. SO reminds me of our house. I am constantly finding cars in random spots and all over the floor.

Can't wait to see you very soon! I've been thinking about you and praying that little Andrew is giving you some rest by sleeping more at night.

Love you! Dana

Anonymous said...

Helloooooo my friend! I have missed you and your updates! Love all the pictures and seeing what all you guys have been up to. Love the family picture (even if your toddler isn't looking, trust me I know the feeling) and I love the pictures of you and the boys in red. So sweet!

I am thrilled for next weekend and can't WAIT to see you all and to all be together. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you. Oh wait-it has! Looking forward to our time together! :-)
Katherine

Tanna said...

You are the best Momma ever with all those fun Thanksgiving activities!! And, LM is the bravest little 'big slide' guy I've ever seen!! We MUST find him another one! XOXOXOXOXOX

nanny said...

Oh I love all of the pictures....so good to have you back.

I love your haircut!

Littlest man sure is growing, and so precious!

Washing machine is ok (for now) I leave the lid up and use the cleaning. they had another one at Lowe's and the guy said some people have better luck with it so I'll give it a try. I don't have the drain that you and Carrie have so I am hoping water doesn't stand in it......

Lauren said...

OK, I am in love with that pic of Alex looking into to penny box. So amazing. So happy to see you are back to blogging and my colleague and I at work are absolutely dying over the turkey cookies you made. You put me to shame lady. Must catch up soon. Miss you.