2.19.2009

New Baby Photos

If you've followed the blog for a while then you may remember that a few weeks ago I had a little scare with some bleeding. When I went to visit my doctor for the first time a couple of weeks ago, she discovered a large polyp that she believed was causing the bleeding. Today I went in to have it removed. To my delight, the polyp had detached and only a small portion of it remains which she determined was best not to remove in the hopes that it will take care of itself during the delivery. I wasn't one bit nervous about having the procedure, but I was still relieved at the news.

To get ready for the procedure, they had to do an ultrasound, so another plus to my visit is new photos of Baby Correa at 18 weeks.

Here's his profile. Much better than what we got to see the last time around. His head is on the right where you can see his little nose.


And for any of you holding out hope that he was a she, here's the empirical evidence that we are having a boy.


For this last photo - be warned - it's a little frightening. But at least you can start to see some of his facial features. The doctor said that at 18 weeks he's mostly skin and bones, but in the next few weeks, he'll plump up. Once again, little fella is hiding behind the placenta. I'm hoping that at the final ultrasound at week 26, he'll be less camera shy and looking more like a cute baby/less like a gross little blob. =)

4 comments:

Dana said...

I love the pictures. So glad to hear everything is okay! :-) Aunt Dana

Lauri said...

The pictures are great!! He looks so snug and cozy in there and he has a precious, perky little nose!

Tanna said...

=) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! He looks great and I love the profile pictures! I can't wait to meet Baby Correa!
Aunt Katherine