
A few weeks ago I visited my friend Lauren in Centreville, Virginia. Our mission: find maternity clothes. (She's preggers, too.) After seven hours of power shopping - and I do mean POWER shopping - our mission was accomplished.
That night Lauren and I returned back to her house where her husband Greg treated us to "momosas" - that's what I call a mimosa for moms. It's made with OJ and sparkling white grape juice instead of champagne. Now, if you know my affinity for mimosas and how much I've missed having them, you would know what a special treat this was. Even without the champagne. I count this as one of life's simple pleasures.
Lauren and I recently had a conversation about how important the little things are. How much joy they add to life. We agreed that one of those little things (in addition to momosas) was warm, spring-like weather. So yesterday when I woke up to a report on the radio that said temperatures in Roanoke Valley were going to reach 60ยบ, I almost did a cartwheel to celebrate the news. But decided that a momosa would be even better. And so I went downstairs, pulled out one of my "Joyful, Joyful" cups and poured myself a little cup of celebration and toasted the coming of spring.
And all the way to work I thanked God for the simple pleasures. Warm weather, momosas and great friends. Here's to the good life! CHEERS!
3 comments:
What a fun way to celebrate - momosa! I love it! Maybe during your visit to Dallas in May we can have some momosas together.
It is ALL about the simple things! =)
"Simple pleasures are always the last refuge of the complex." Oscar Wilde
This was on my blog for today's quote... I immediately thought, how appropriate! And, how true... =)
Love you dearly, my co-appreciator (not a word??) of the simple pleasures. =)
Post a Comment