Alex has been into Jake and the Neverland Pirates lately. So I told him that our walk would be more like a treasure hunt – just like Jake, Izzy, and Cubby would have. He perked right up.
We searched the ground for "treasure" to bring home. My definition of treasure was "something unusual or unexpected." Alex's definition of treasure was "anything that brings delight." He found rocks and sticks and called them treasure. It didn't take long for me to come around to his way of thinking. Even the ordinary can be called a treasure if we choose to see it that way, can't it?
We cruised through the alley stopping for sword fights with the sticks we found. He won, managing to break three of my "swords."

In the end, all roads led to the park.

I do love these boys. And all of the adventures they bring to my life.

They are without a doubt, two of the greatest treasures this girl could ever have.

3 comments:
We have been to the park a lot recently too. Spring is coming... yay!!
I'm so glad you guys have had some nice weather up there too. Looks like your boys enjoyed their treasure hunt. What a blessing to have two little boys to take on adventures with you. Life will never be dull!
Jack loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates too so I'll have to borrow the idea of going on a treasure hunt. He usually picks up acorns, rocks, and of course lots of dirt.
Yep. I knew you'd see it that way when the day came. ;) Nothing like a child (baby or grown). I'm with Alex on the definition of treasure. XOXOXOXOXOXO
Arrr ye sea bidden pirates looks like the plank you walked was filled with gold and fine gems!!! I love y'all all so very much until this message in a bottle reaches your ship hugs and loves with every wave that rolls ashore xoxoxoox
Post a Comment