Alex and I started our day by working on a new bible verse.
Mark 12:30
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength."
I figured Valentine's was the perfect opportunity to talk about the ultimate love - God's love for us and ours for Him.

Then we had pancakes for breakfast. Little hearts for Roo.

And heart cut-outs with whipped cream and sprinkles for Alex. (I should note that Alex had his pancake after he had several M&Ms which were a part of his Valentine's gift. I had to cut him off for the rest of the day.)

Then we loaded up and went to a little music class. This was our first time to visit the class - I was checking it out to see if it's worth enrolling the boys this summer. I'm on the fence. Alex was more interested in chasing a little girl around the room than he was singing and listening to the teacher's instruction. He did, however, like getting to play the instruments. So did Roo.
We also got to have lunch with friends. Please note Alex's burger. This picture pretty much describes how our day went.
That's right. Alex piled a big ol' mound of salt right on top of his mostly uneaten burger.
After the boys' afternoon naps, I made heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, and then Alex and I watched the Charlie Brown Valentine special after Roo went down for bed. It has been a day to say the least. I'm off to bed now and hoping that both my boys sleep well tonight. I'm wiped out.
Hope your day has been full of love and joyful happenings!

4 comments:
Happy Valentine's Day! Looks like you managed to accomplish a lot of fun activities. I know the boys had a special day even though you were exhausted by the end. Sorry about the mound of salt. That kind of stuff makes me crazy too! You picked the perfect memory verse for this month. Jackson's memory verse for the month is a shortened version of that: "Love God with all your heart." I love hearing him say it. :-)
Dana
Looks like there was no shortage of LOVE in your house on Valentine's Day! What a special day you made for your little men! There is no doubt love was in the air, more so than usual! :)
And I had to laugh at the mound of salt. Been there! I love that you took time out to take a picture of it! I think I would have been to flustered to do that! Good for you!
Love you!
What a day......so funny!
He's already chasing girls, oh my/ha
Must have been the sugar high!!
Cute, cute pictures!
Hmmmm... a salt burger! LOL! Roo's pancakes were sure cute! I love the photos you took of them together in the chair. Amazing. They are the sweetest little Valentines on earth. XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment