11.03.2008

Ancient Ruins

I like it when God spells out exactly where He wants to lead us. I'll admit that I'm not always so good at being able to see the path that He's set. That's why when Jerry and I prayed about where we are supposed to live in Roanoke, we asked God to make it very clear. And this is how He answered our prayer.

"They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated..."
Isaiah 61:4

I knew immediately that this meant we were going to buy a house that would require some TLC. I just didn't know which house until a few days later. And then it hit me - there was this one little diamond in the rough that we have been eyeing since we first started our search. It has been one of our favorites all along, but we've been intimidated by the amount of work that needed to be done. While it still seems a little daunting at times, we know that she's "the one," and we're excited about all the potential. We know it won't be long before this house becomes home sweet home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the house! You will have to post lots of before and after pictures.