I get a little teary thinking about how far she's come since we first laid eyes on her. We looked at this house twice before buying and said, "No way! Too much work." But God laid her on our hearts, and we knew we were being called to rebuild and restore her. And that's just what we've done.
She was all decked out in her Christmas finest for the tour, and, boy, did she shine! I'm sharing her here today – before-and-after style – so come on in, pull up a chair, and stay a while. ;-)
EXTERIOR
Before:

After:

FOYER
Before:
After:

LIVING ROOM
Before:

After:



DINING ROOM
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
MUDROOM
Before:
After:
KITCHEN
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

STAIRWAY
Before:
After:

UPSTAIRS HALLWAY
Before:
After:
UPSTAIRS BATH
Before:
After:
After:
Before:
After:
THE BOYS' ROOM
Before:

After:



SPARE BEDROOM
Before:

After:

MASTER BEDROOM
Before:

After:


Before:

After:

MASTER BATH
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
Before:
After:

MASTER CLOSET
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
And there she is. Looking at all of these pictures makes me appreciate so much how far this house has come. She was once sad and neglected, but now she is loved. One tour visitor stopped me and said, "I feel like your home just wrapped me up in a great big hug!" I feel that way every single day. I love this ol' girl. =)



























13 comments:
Thanks Amanda! I loved viewing your "Mirabelle". What a reflection of the special family who inhabits her walls.
Best,
Bonnie
Oh girl! Mirabelle is just so amazing!! The love you have for your home and family is reflected in each surface, every nook and cranny, and all of the special touches you have added. Restored, indeed. She is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations on such an incredible accomplishment; you and Jerry should feel SO proud!!
Just stunning! I think my favorite may be the mudroom. Such a beautiful home for a beautiful family.
Oh my goodness. It all looks so beautiful. I bet it is hard to leave it for Christmas after all those precious decorations were put up! I know how hard you guys have worked over the years and it definitely shows. Just beautiful!
Goodness gracious is your home beautiful!!! I remember seeing some before and after pictures but never this many - Mirabelle just shines! Your holiday decorating is amazing too. You will be the belle of the home tour for sure. You definitely have a gift - I see a second career as a decorator coming. We could use some serious help at our new house. We're only 15 minutes from the beach...when are you coming? ;) You are Jerry are amazing.
Amanda, you worked magic on your home! It belongs in a magazine for sure! Every room is filled with beauty and love. Good job! (You inherited your gift of design)
Well, I know you've done your mama proud. Mirabelle is absolutely stunning. You've done an incredible job in each and every space. I especially love the bathroom makeovers ... I have a thing for black and white floors. So beautiful! Happy New Year, Tammy
A marvellous and homely transformation.Well done
Thank you to your mum for seeding me your way . . .
So so SO wonderful . . .
I too feel like I am wrapped up in a great big hug!
I LOVED IT ALL!
Correction, SENDING . . .
Wonderful! Love your style! I've come from Tannas!
Absolutely beautiful...your mother taught you well ;)
Simply beautiful.
Happy New Year. Catherine
Post a Comment