
In February we took the boys to Walt Disney World, and Noni and Pop Pop joined us there. It was fun, but admittedly, not all that I had hoped it would be. Jerry warned me he thought our boys were too young. I refused to listen. I justified it that they loved Sesame Place last year and that Roo could get in free since he was still two. We should have saved the money and gone later. (See, babe? I'm admitting publicly that I was wrong and you were right. ;-) )
It was a fun vacation and we all enjoyed it; I just wouldn't say they loved it the way I do (and hoped they would - especially for the cost of that vacation). We'll try again one of these days, but it will be years on down the road. Funny thing is, we kept seeing kids having meltdowns (and ours having a few of their own), parents yelling at their kids and at each other, and all the while the adults in our group would say to each other, "Happiest Place on Earth!" LOL!
On the brighter side of things, our lodging was heavenly. We splurged and stayed at the Grand Floridian Villas - a bucket list wish of mine. Oh. My. Goodness. It was worth every penny in my opinion. I was ready to move right on in, and it was the perfect place to come home to at the end of a long day at the parks. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment