5.28.2014

A Fire House Visit

I've always wanted to take the boys to our local fire house for a tour; I just never quite knew how to go about coordinating that kind of thing. Unbeknownst to me, one of Alex's friends from school has a nanny whose brother happens to be a lieutenant there. So the nanny called me one day and asked if we might want to join them for a tour. What a treat!

Well, we got the full tour! The trucks, the gear, the hoses, the pole, the kitchen, the sleeping quarters - all of it! The boys were in heaven.

The first question the fireman asked was, "Do you have a meeting place outside of your home if you should ever need to escape from a fire?" Um, we do now. Apparently I needed this trip to the fire house to kick my home safety planning into high gear.

IMG_4616

IMG_4576

IMG_4605


IMG_4587


IMG_4620


IMG_4626


IMG_4629


IMG_4589

So grateful for the men and women who give selflessly of themselves to keep those in our community safe. We sent a little thank you note with a Kroger gift card in hopes that we could "treat them to dinner" one night to show our appreciation.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh that looks like so much fun. Sliding down the pole and getting to hold the hose and touch equipment! Perfect for little boys! The picture of Alex holding his ears cracks me up. I'm wondering if the siren is going off? When we had Jackson's party at the fire station they asked about the meeting place too. I was like, oops! I have no doubt they loved the Kroger gift card. I see the fire truck at our Kroger all the time. Those guys love to cook.

Looks like you guys had a nice Easter too. So glad you have special friends up there to spend the holidays with.

Love you!