11.12.2013

October - Noni and Pop Pop's visit

Hands down my favorite month of the year. The leaves. The weather. The pumpkin farms. The farm days. The carnivals. The costumes. I love it all.

One thing that made this October extra, super special was a visit from Noni and Pop Pop. Here are some pics from their visit.

IMG_9032

Noni took the boys and I shopping for Halloween decorations and our traditional shirts. We are nothing if not Griswold, people. ;-)
IMG_8995

IMG_8982

The boys each got a door to decorate – while wearing their costumes. Because shouldn't all Halloween decorating be done in costume?
IMG_8978

We went to the Homestead Creamery Farm Day – an annual tradition.
IMG_8735

Pony rides, hay rides, wagon train rides...
IMG_8783

IMG_8834

IMG_8829

IMG_8802

IMG_8798

Roo showed off his mad scooter skills. I continue to be amazed at this kid's sense of balance.
IMG_8869
We had walks to enjoy the fall weather and check out the houses in the neighborhood that were all decked out for Halloween.
IMG_8900

Checking out one of the haunts...a homemade cemetery.
IMG_8945

And what walk would be complete without a little acorn gathering this time of year?
IMG_8926
And we took a day trip to Charlottesville. We could have spent a couple of days there. It was a neat little town – home of UVA and home to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, which I will see one day because it did not happen on this trip!
IMG_9129
While our historical site tours didn't happen, we did take the boys to a children's museum and also let them ride this cute little hand-pushed carousel. Needless to say, they were in heaven. =)
IMG_9178

I still have more October to share. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Tanna said...

We do love The Little Men & Co. to the moon and back... xoxoxo