10.27.2013

The humble and the proud

IMG_7848

Recently, Alex and I were reading a story about Mater and another tow truck named Rowdy. Rowdy was a bully. Alex asked me what it meant to bully someone, and so I told him that it was being unkind and making a person feel small or unimportant.

His response: "Yes, that's just like what I learned the other day. 'God will humble the proud, and the proud will be exhausted.'"

Sweet boy. ;-)

Their minds understand way more than we give them credit for, don't they? I was amazed that he was connecting the dots between pride and bullying. There is often truth in that the former leads to the latter, isn't there? This child is amazingly talented at making connections like that. For a four-year old, he is very insightful and articulate about these kinds of things. I treasure this about him. May God grant him wisdom and stature.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I completely agree, Alex is incredibly insightful about God's word! What a beautiful story. He is a very blessed little boy to have parents that are so dedicated in teaching him the ways of Christ. Miss you, friend!!