9.11.2013

Top 10 Myrtle Beach Memories - #4 and #3

#4 – Bubble blowers.
One night after dinner, we strolled through a shopping plaza to enjoy the most amazing vacation weather a person could ever hope for. =) And on this stroll, the boys eyed a vendor selling bubble makers. Pop Pop was very generous to treat the boys each to their very own fish-shaped bubble blower, and you should have seen them squeeze those triggers and squeal with delight at all the bubbles they made. They were like little joy spreaders everywhere they went. They went through an entire bottle of bubbles that night and loved every single second of it. So did us grown ups. ;-)

IMG_6720


IMG_6717


IMG_6680


IMG_6696


#3 – Street, er, sidewalk dancing.
On the same stroll where we happened across those fabulous bubble blowers, we also happened across an "entertainer" who pulled his karaoke machine around in a wagon and engaged kids of all ages in dancing. Mr. Nigel was his name.
IMG_1214
Now, surprisingly, the one who enjoyed Mr. Nigel the most, was Alex. He let loose on those sidewalks and was not afraid to "jump up, jump up, and get down." And you know you didn't even have to ask Roo twice to join in the fun. Be left out? Please! I've decided that this child's middle name should be "Entertainer."
IMG_6641
Now, these pictures just don't tell the full story. You'd never know how much fun Alex was having, but these were the best pics I got. He loved this sidewalk dancing so much, that after we had moved on, he kept asking to go back and find Mr. Nigel again! So of course we honored his request.
IMG_6640
I swear I wish I had a video of this night. Because watching the two of them was priceless!
IMG_6639
I'm telling you – they were so lively that they even got the rest of us in on it! I mean, really, could you just stand by and not get swept up in all that preciousness? Yeah, I didn't think so. ;-)
IMG_6634
Mr. Nigel's energy was contagious – for the whole family! And this was easily one of my favorite memories while at Myrtle Beach. It falls right into the Griswold category where so many of my other favorite family vacation memories reside. ;-)

1 comment:

Tanna said...

Yes, the street dancing was classic Griswold. LOL! Classic, I tell you. We sure should have figured out how to run the video part of our cameras!! xoxoxxo