8.14.2013

Gearing up for that first day...

Hard to believe that my Littlest Man will be starting Mother's Day Out in a couple of weeks. It barely feels like two years have passed since Alex started going, and now Roo is gearing up for the same grand adventure.
IMG_5664
We got to go and meet his teacher today – just the two of us and her. She had a little snack of goldfish crackers waiting at his chair with a cute die-cut apple labeled with his name. She clearly knows how to win the kids over. ;-)
IMG_5667
He went right on in and made himself at home. Took off his shoes and made his rounds checking out every toy center that was open and available to him. He didn't waste any time getting acclimated to his classroom. I think he's going to love going to school, especially since he'll get to go with big brother.

IMG_5655
The boys will be going to a different school this year than where I've sent Alex in years past. I loved Alex's teachers at his old school – and so did he, for that matter – but as I've watched his personality develop, I've come to desire a place where he will be exposed to more of a variety of subjects and play activity.
IMG_5659
My precious little creature of comfort loves being in his comfort zone. (Don't we all?) But I know first-hand that sometimes we need people encouraging us to try new things. It broadens our horizons, builds our confidence, and helps us grow and enjoy life more. I'm hoping this new school will help do some of that for him.
IMG_5651
We've got a couple more weeks before the kickoff to the new school year begins, and we plan on soaking up every last bit of summer we can. We'll bid farewell to summer the way so many east coasters do out here – beach side. And, boy, are we ready! =)

4 comments:

Tanna said...

My beautiful, precious, amazing Little Men. I adore them. But, you know that. Can't wait for the beach, baby!! Bring it!! xoxoxo

Katherine said...

Look at those precious smiles! Can't believe little Andrew is old enough already for MDO. What fun for him. Sounds like they will be going to a great new school. I'm anxious to see those first day of school pics. I'm assuming they will be going on the same days and you my friend will have a few hours to yourself!?!? Wahoo!

Enjoy your beach time and can't wait for see pics!! Love and miss you guys tons!!

Dana said...

Sending up prayers that this is a great year for both of the boys and their momma. Just can't believe how big Andrew is getting these days! Big school boy now.

Have fun at the beach. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Lauri said...

I can't wait to hear about their new school and how much I know they'll love it! And, could it be, you will actually get some "me" time for yourself while they're in school?! Oh, I sure hope so. You are one Mama that deserves it! Enjoy and can't wait to hear how it goes!!